justmejustsam

justmejustsam

Monday 26 March 2012

No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Day Hand Cream - review and a whiffy smell!

I received this in a set at christmas time, and i loved the fact its just the right size for my handbag. Ive been using this most days for a few weeks now, and i started using it because my hands have been really quite dry, and i guessed this would be really good quality as its no7 right? ...


This is more of a summer cream, as its very light, and does soften hands, but didn't do anything for my dryness. Now let me get onto the most significant thing about this product - THE SMELL.
When i first used this product, i noticed a significantly strong smell of fish. Sounds like I'm joking but I'm really not. Ive been called a drama queen many a time, so i was unsure whether i was just overreacting, which let to a little test i created. I decided to use this in public, then casually ask the people who i was with if they wanted some. My friend from uni said she had this hand cream, and that it 'sometimes smells of fish', and when i gave it to my mum, her reaction was something close to 'eurgh sam what is that'. My aunty had to go and wash it off her hands because she just couldn't bear to keep it on.


So there you go, i don't know whether i got a dodgy batch, but the smell of this ensures id never buy this product again, despite the fact it was good quality and softened my hands. Im tempted to contact no7, not to be some crazy angry woman, but just to see if it was just mine that smelt like this, but i wanted to see if any other bloggers had had this experience first.


Please comment if you've used this cream, i know this is a really weird blogpost, but its been a weird experience to be honest ! 


Have a lovely day 


xxxx

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like it smells horrible! Ewww! xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does, i don't know if this is just me, i sound like a crazy person haha!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds vile! It's so easy to get put off products by their smell xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha to put it bluntly thats exactly what it was! I'm all about the smell, if something smells nice I'm likely to like it !

      xx

      Delete
  4. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... made me gag a little bit...

    i hate it when products smell disgusting :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha made you gag! that gave me a chuckle :)
      its horrid isn't it, i don't know if i just got a dodgy one, I'm hoping i did!

      xxxx

      Delete